Sunday, January 27, 2008

How difficult can it be?

The Tory is sure to leap on the news that, as Dr Rant points out, there is little point in doing a "deep clean" of hospitals because hospital-acquired diseases are propagated by the staff. Strange, I remember when Michael Howard floated a whole election campaign on the line "How difficult can it be to keep a hospital clean?"; presumably this is now retrospectively an inoperative statement.

In other random poo-flinging, why the hell has nobody, Newsnight included, picked up on the fact that Paul De L'Aire Staines spent the late 1980s in various ventures supportive of the Afrikaans Nationalist government of South Africa, and therefore has personal reasons to despise Peter Hain? Ignorance is no longer excusable.

We quote, from the invaluable Altered State:
"I was a fanatical, zealot anti-communist. I wasn't really a Tory, I was an anarcho-capitalist. I was lobbying at the Council of Europe and at Parliament; I was over in Washington, in Jo'burg, in South America. It was 'let's get guns for the Contras', that sort of stuff. I was enjoying it immensely, I got to go with these guys and fire off AK-47s.

8 comments:

Justin said...

You're not the first to ask that about Staines. I, for one, would pay good money to know what he was doing in Johannesburg in the 80s.

Alex said...

We could do that, I suppose; I mean pay good money, as a reward.

My best guess is carrying some tit like John Carlisle's bags.

Guido Fawkes said...

Send a cheque and I'll tell you (might even throw in some photos).

For free you can know this, I had nothing to do with John Carlisle and
I was a supporter of the liberals, not Nats. But don't let that stop you ranting.

I hate Hain for the same reason everyone else hates Hain, he is self-serving slippery cunt.

Alex said...

South African Liberals? As in Alan Paton?

We want names.

ejh said...

The liberals used to shoot off AK-47s? Who'd have thought it.

Tim said...

"Send a cheque and I'll tell you"

And here I say (and not for the first time):

I'm not buying your story, Paul.

ejh said...

Incidentally, I thought "anarcho-capitalists" (and what a crock that line is) thought of "self-serving" as a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Just a thought, but wouldn't "ananarcho-capitalist" be better employed doing some, y'know, capitalism related things like buying and selling stuff, rather than parasiting on the political scene?

kostenloser Counter